Does "27" mean July 27th? Wouldn't July 27 still have the possibility of being too hot? Why not June 22 or 29. And I thought I already said we are not moving to Colonial, at least not now. If nothing else, the original spirit of the event was to get people to my neck of the woods. Plus, the price is already climbing with all our perks and giveaways, why choose a course that's almost double?
We really do. I'm already jotting down the names of people I want to invite "outside of the fold." I think I may be able to bring another 10 folks in and Jeff can probably do the same.
What we need to do:
1) Pick a day to host it (and reserve the day like NOW).
2) Pick the small prize(s) (I'm toying with a hat, ball marker or a divot tool)
3) Share lists of invitees (name + e-mail address)
4) Send out a "Save the Date" (Kuz to design and send -- I'm thinking you can do a takeoff on the Uncle Sam "I WANT YOU" poster, but that's really up to you) for the invitees with an RSVP date of like April 15 or so -- that way, assuming that we have it in late June, we can give Lido an idea of how many foursomes we're going to have as well as giving us a small window to let in any Johnny-Come-Latelies.
5) Get a plaque made for Shawn's score (unless this has been done already). Who's got the trophy?
Once we decide on the premium, I can start researching them in terms of cost and production time(we won't be able to order anything until we find out who's definitely in, natch).
Remember -- the more folks we get, the better the swag can be.
And I'm also thinking that we get a "take home" trophy for the winner. We can take a picture of them with the real trophy, but I think that after this one, one of us (probably Gus) should hang on to it.
One more: Kev -- are you the acting treasurer again, or should we let Fuz give it a shot?
Engrave the plaque in the same format as the last one (like this, I think):
SHAWN KELLY - 88 LIDO G.C. 7/28/06
(not sure if there were dots between "GC" under JP's entry, so just keep them consistent)
Do you have the trophy? If so, I want to find a way to permanently affix the clubhead to the trophy. I'm thinking some sort of spot welding is in order...
Well, he wants to have fun, but I think he wants to win it, too. He won the Baadh Trophy in his brother's outing last year (the trophy was a big rock -- he was not pleased) and I think he wants to put another one on his shelf.
Maybe we can find a happy balance.
Speaking of betting, I think that we should totally crib a few ideas from the Baddh Tournament. Let me know what you think of these ideas:
1) We print our own scorecards. The scorecards will highlight the long drive and closest to the pin holes, but we'll have the invitees keep track of some other stats (lost balls, total putts, etc.) that we can award prizes for later. After the round we can collect and save them to eventually compile a "Kuzdicap" or something along the lines of what the Conan does, and maybe factor those numbers in future Invitationals.
2) We collect $20 from each man the day of the event and have that money go to different prizes: best score, worst score, closest to pin, longest drive, most lost balls, highest score on 16, etc. You get the idea. I'd say just tag the $20 onto the registration fee, but I think we'll get better results with somne peer pressure the day of the event. Plus, a cash prize for bad events gives everyone a shot at some cash.
I think I had a third idea but it seems to have eluded me....
How many folks are you planning on inviting outside of last year's twelve? I think I can probably bring in 8 (not sure if they'll all play, tho). I'd love to get this up to 48 (actually 52) because that's when we'll start getting a break on the swag pricing.
Also, if this thing does grow like we want it to, we need to think about where we all go to eat and drink afterwards. Chez Kuz barely held the 8 of us last year. (I think the person that actually lives in Long Beach might be the one best suited to find a place to cater to 50 people, since he is the one that wants it held in said town.)
Or maybe this is the year we just double up to 24 (minimum, I think) and let it grow a little more organically.
I think the more the merrier. Is guz a figure head or silent partner. I don't see him really contributing. I could probably invite 8-12 people. Im not sure how many would come. I can't believe that it aldready april and we have not even sent out the save the date yet! Lots of work in a little time.
I still like the place we went after the KI1. I remember an outdoor area and a room that I bet we can rent out. Not a big fan of the poker after at kuz's crib. I think if we have more people, the would want to mingle after. I also felt like we didnt have much of an opportunity to take a group photo, etc.
I agree. Less poker, more mingling. And the group photo is a must. So rotten that we didn't get a group photo last year. I think we were all really hot and really drunk. The back nine and the afterparty is a blur.
And here's the thing: If we have this at the end of June, we only have THREE months to put this thing together! I think our Silent Partner better get his act together once he gets back.
17 comments:
27 at Colonial!
Does "27" mean July 27th? Wouldn't July 27 still have the possibility of being too hot? Why not June 22 or 29. And I thought I already said we are not moving to Colonial, at least not now. If nothing else, the original spirit of the event was to get people to my neck of the woods. Plus, the price is already climbing with all our perks and giveaways, why choose a course that's almost double?
Let's discuss in the near future.
I meant playing 27 holes (all three nines) at Colonial.
I was, in fact, just trying to start a little trouble. 18 at Lido is fine by me.
why not 36 then :)
Just kiddin. Actually we need to start planning....
We really do. I'm already jotting down the names of people I want to invite "outside of the fold." I think I may be able to bring another 10 folks in and Jeff can probably do the same.
What we need to do:
1) Pick a day to host it (and reserve the day like NOW).
2) Pick the small prize(s) (I'm toying with a hat, ball marker or a divot tool)
3) Share lists of invitees (name + e-mail address)
4) Send out a "Save the Date" (Kuz to design and send -- I'm thinking you can do a takeoff on the Uncle Sam "I WANT YOU" poster, but that's really up to you) for the invitees with an RSVP date of like April 15 or so -- that way, assuming that we have it in late June, we can give Lido an idea of how many foursomes we're going to have as well as giving us a small window to let in any Johnny-Come-Latelies.
5) Get a plaque made for Shawn's score (unless this has been done already). Who's got the trophy?
Once we decide on the premium, I can start researching them in terms of cost and production time(we won't be able to order anything until we find out who's definitely in, natch).
Remember -- the more folks we get, the better the swag can be.
And I'm also thinking that we get a "take home" trophy for the winner. We can take a picture of them with the real trophy, but I think that after this one, one of us (probably Gus) should hang on to it.
One more: Kev -- are you the acting treasurer again, or should we let Fuz give it a shot?
Fellas, the floor is yours....
1) Since Kuz is sooo busy with fantasy world, he should pick a few dates and thrown them out there.
2)Im fine with any small prizes
3) Lets start compiling the list of potential "rookie inducties"
4) Kuz- get on the save the date
5) Ill get the plaque engraved. What was his score again?
6) I think i will set a up a GIB blog and we can list the topics as issus :)
Engrave the plaque in the same format as the last one (like this, I think):
SHAWN KELLY - 88
LIDO G.C. 7/28/06
(not sure if there were dots between "GC" under JP's entry, so just keep them consistent)
Do you have the trophy? If so, I want to find a way to permanently affix the clubhead to the trophy. I'm thinking some sort of spot welding is in order...
I have not seen the trophy since KI2. Ill take care of the engraving
Does Shawn still have it? I hope we can get it back intact. Jeff has his heart set on winning it this year...
I thought it was going to be a fun year for him this time.... Need to be in a Drinking and betting 4 some this time.
Well, he wants to have fun, but I think he wants to win it, too. He won the Baadh Trophy in his brother's outing last year (the trophy was a big rock -- he was not pleased) and I think he wants to put another one on his shelf.
Maybe we can find a happy balance.
Speaking of betting, I think that we should totally crib a few ideas from the Baddh Tournament. Let me know what you think of these ideas:
1) We print our own scorecards. The scorecards will highlight the long drive and closest to the pin holes, but we'll have the invitees keep track of some other stats (lost balls, total putts, etc.) that we can award prizes for later. After the round we can collect and save them to eventually compile a "Kuzdicap" or something along the lines of what the Conan does, and maybe factor those numbers in future Invitationals.
2) We collect $20 from each man the day of the event and have that money go to different prizes: best score, worst score, closest to pin, longest drive, most lost balls, highest score on 16, etc. You get the idea. I'd say just tag the $20 onto the registration fee, but I think we'll get better results with somne peer pressure the day of the event. Plus, a cash prize for bad events gives everyone a shot at some cash.
I think I had a third idea but it seems to have eluded me....
Where's Gus?
I think we lost him. On a serious, we really need to get this thing going.
We do indeed. Maybe take it to e-mail until Fuz returns. It might make it easier for the little fella to participate.
How many folks are you planning on inviting outside of last year's twelve? I think I can probably bring in 8 (not sure if they'll all play, tho). I'd love to get this up to 48 (actually 52) because that's when we'll start getting a break on the swag pricing.
Also, if this thing does grow like we want it to, we need to think about where we all go to eat and drink afterwards. Chez Kuz barely held the 8 of us last year. (I think the person that actually lives in Long Beach might be the one best suited to find a place to cater to 50 people, since he is the one that wants it held in said town.)
Or maybe this is the year we just double up to 24 (minimum, I think) and let it grow a little more organically.
Thoughts?
I think the more the merrier. Is guz a figure head or silent partner. I don't see him really contributing. I could probably invite 8-12 people. Im not sure how many would come. I can't believe that it aldready april and we have not even sent out the save the date yet! Lots of work in a little time.
I still like the place we went after the KI1. I remember an outdoor area and a room that I bet we can rent out. Not a big fan of the poker after at kuz's crib. I think if we have more people, the would want to mingle after. I also felt like we didnt have much of an opportunity to take a group photo, etc.
I agree. Less poker, more mingling. And the group photo is a must. So rotten that we didn't get a group photo last year. I think we were all really hot and really drunk. The back nine and the afterparty is a blur.
And here's the thing: If we have this at the end of June, we only have THREE months to put this thing together! I think our Silent Partner better get his act together once he gets back.
Post a Comment